How seasonal is your knitting?
New project plans seem to involve A LOT of shawls right now & we think it's because it's starting to feel a little like Spring in the UK. With that in mind, we thought we'd share some of our favourite shawls to knit with Fyberspates yarns ready for you to cast on this weekend!
1. Ishbel- by Ysolda Teague. Some say this is the best shawl for beginners to get to grips with lace patterns and we think it's a classic. Ysolda even has a tutorial on how to read charts for the first time if that is something that you find a little intimidating.
2. Soleil d'Or- by Nim Teasdale. This is a stunning shawl that calls for Gleem Lace and we think is perfect for a longer term project you want to sink your teeth into.
3. Kaihola- by Heidi Alander calls for Vivacious DK and is a great shawl for this changeable time of year as it's a little heavier than most but not too warm.
4. Truly- by Ann Kingstone. This combines the best of everything- stripes, some solid knitting and a little lace detail to keep our interest. Calls for Scrumptious 4ply.
5. Melas- By Jacqui Hardy. We love how fairytale this crocheted Vivacious 4ply shawl is!
6. Etherow Shawl- by Anniken Allis. A deliciously huge but quick to work up shawl in Cumulus yarn.
If you loved these, we've got shawl inspiration and techniques on our 'We Love Shawls' pinterest board.
Do you knit more shawls in warmer weather?