I've been tagged by Luv2craft for a 'knitting meme' (any one tell me what mem is?) Anyway here are my answers
1. Do you knit continental or English?
English, but I am trying continental but I always get fed up and go back to English.
2. How long ago did you learn to knit?
I have no idea, all I know is that at uni, I picked up a pair of needles and knit a scarf so it must have been somewhere in my child hood I guess. But properly, about 4 years.
3. First FO?
A purple and red scarf made in a lovely rowan yarn.
4. Favorite yarn? Definately Noro silk garden.
5. Favorite pattern? The sock pattern from sock 101.
6. Favorite pattern source? I like reading knitty, but I have never made anything from there, to be honest I think French Vogue magazine, not that there are any patterns in it, but there are always beautiful garments which make me want to design my own from.
7. Favorite needles? Addi Turbo's.
8. Nicest thing you've ever knit? Hmm, I think it has to be my V neck vest I designed, made in Noro. I love it and wear it as often as I can, and it gets softer everytime I wash it.
9. Most hated project? A crocheted poncho I made from some ribbon yarn I got from the US, it turned out really bulky and looked dreaful, I hate that yarn!!
10. Who are you going to pass this on to? Hmm Good question I don't want to tag people who have already been tagged, so i'll have to think about this one.
Anyway how's the design for the top going you probably aren't asking yourselves. Well, I'm struggling a little with the sizing and gauge, but i'll get there, anyway I have no choice Adrienne is coming for a fitting saturday! AHHHHH
PS I joined the machine knitting ring! How cool is that, I can't wait to ask them loads of questions!!