Tuesday 25 May 2004

I just lost a huge post so I may have to cut this one down cause I need to do some work!

Here are the pictues of my spun rovings. I forgot to take a picure of the unspun rovings, but I'll take one tomorow and post it.

These pictures are not particularly accurate colourwise there are much more purples in there but I gave up after ten pictures. I have plyed brights with dark, I've never done anything like that before because I thought it would look horrible but actually the yarn is very different, I love it. There is about 100gms and so hopefully there will be enough to make a pair of socks. I realised that to get a more consistent yarn I need to be dyeing rovings of less felt loving wools. I love merino but it's just felt city when ever it comes in ten meters of water. Although this batch wasn't too bad because I'm so anal about temperatures, its not so easy to spin consistently, so I will try my wendslydale rovings next, and probably some of my silk, and see what happens!!

the_weekend_106the_weekend_099



No comments:

Post a Comment