Thursday 26 January 2006

Just when you thought you'd had enough

Do you ever get days when you think you've had enough? You're going to scrap it all and work in Sainsbury's? No offense to anyone who works in Sainsbury's, I used to work there and it was one of the best jobs I ever had, I loved it, but it certainly didn't stretch my life very much.



So yesterday was one of those, I thought all my get up and go had gone, no more dyeing, no more knitting, no more fyberspates, no more buying a house on my own, no more knitting jumpers without patterns and no more designing my own weird tank tops and driving my self nuts with lace. I was a little concerned because I though my head would pop off with stress.



Then this morning I received a book in the post call 'Hand spun revolution' I sat with my mug of tea and cold sausages from last nights dinner and started to read, with each page turn my heart beat faster and faster and my blood pressure raised with each exciting picture and description, I wanted to get my spinning wheel out now and make one, try out all the techniques. NOW I tell you, NOW!!!!



So there was some get up and go left in my tank obviously. Then I did some fyberspates work, went to my other work, and actually did some for once, and dreamed of my house when we move in, and my immaculate craft room with wall to ceiling storage compartments built by my father in-law, stuffed with carefully labeled silks, yarns and fibers, ready to post out to my customers.



Ahhhhhhhhhh. How could I even contemplate the idea of giving up my dream for feeling like I was losing the plot.



Just think of the compartments, breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out.



Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz











No comments:

Post a Comment