Wednesday 25 January 2006

Stitchlinks

tThanks so much for your lovely comments! I'm really glad I took the plunge and Anth is mega excited! That has to be a good thing!



OK so today I want to introduce you to something called Stitchlinks its an initiative to bring together cross stitchers, knitters and crocheters in a friendship network. It's geared towards the therapeutic aspects of knitting and stitching, and the benefits you get from joining are massive, not to mention the massive discounts on your favourite magazine subscriptions.



I'm plugging this because I think it will be really beneficial for people who are not currently able to get out and meet other knitters and stitchers, something that I value so much, but take for granted. Imagine how much less special my life would be if I didn't go to stitchn'bitch and see all my lovely knitting buddies?  It will also give support to people who want to set up their own groups and meet knitters and stitchers in their own area, and well really it's just fab.



Stitchlinks has also given me the most support for the research, I couldn't have started it without them, people don't realise how much time and effort goes into running research projects especially considering I'm doing it in my own time, if I were to get a grant for something like this it would cost about £40,000, and I'm doing it free because the research needs to be done, doctors need to know that they don't always have to send people away empty handed with no hope, knitting and stitching has allot to offer. Betsan the founder of Stitchlinks gives me constant moral support and encouragement for the research and has worked very hard to bring other researchers together to be involved, so I will plug Stitchlinks forever!



Now onto Cyberfyber.



I know I've not mentioned much about it recently, but it's been a little on the hectic side here, however it won't be long, I've had some great articles and projects and I can't wait to share them with you. I'll try and have the main page finished my the end of the week so you can see whats coming.







No comments:

Post a Comment