Monday 13 September 2004

At last some pictures but only of wool!

So I spent the weekend going mad about heels of socks and finally found the formula from socks 101, which is my favourite. The first sock which is completed, I turned the heel and made it up as I went along because I didn't have any instructions in france. But strangely it fits, I just left 2 stitches each time on the end and knitted short rows it worked great but I prefer the fit of the formula. Here is my progress.

Wedding_sock_1

Notice the stripes on this wool, its amazing, the completed sock has really thin stripes, the second sock has the same number of stitches but I knitted it tighter and the stripes are so thick and look beautiful! How wierd that knitting tighter could make such a difference to the design!



Secondly I have finished a stole made from 4 different yarns: Kid mohair, rayon, a boucle, and one of my french novelty yarns. This is my first peice for my store, at christmas, I'm really not sure how to price this though, any tips?

Here is a picture of it folded:

Stole_2

I just need to weave a few ends in and block it.



Finally a sample of some of the wools I brought from france: they are all novelty yarns, and I'm going to make some scarfs with them for my stall.

French_wool



Finally, Dear secret pal, I have been waiting for the postman every day like a child, but alas nothing has arrived, when did you post it?







No comments:

Post a Comment