Friday 25 April 2008

Evil Ravelry and Wonderwool Yipppppeeee!

So this is Why Ravelry is Evil. I thought oh my goodness look how dreadful my roots are, I need to dye my hair, so I slapped a load of bleach on, grabbed my fish fingers and chips, and sat with my laptop, emialing eating and reading ravelry seeing as it was 10pm and I still had tonnes of work to do. So I got dragged in. About 11.30, I though, hmm, should really check my hair, and then realised the time. I am lucky, just lucky that I have Iron hair, its kind of transluscent now, yeah, odd look to be sure, but at least its not falling out yet, despite doubling the recommended time. The moral of the story? Ravelry will make your hair fall out if you read it too much!!!!



So OBVIOULSLY, the yarn is dry, labelled, packed in the van and I'm read to go, gulp, um, NO. I can't actually get to the bottom of the stairs, there is still 5 kilo's drying on the rack outside, I need to clear the van out before I pack it. CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



So if you see a woman with translucent hair having a breakdown at Wonderwool, it will be ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



XXXXX



3 comments:

  1. Good luck! Hope you have a fab weekend. Will you be coming to Woolfest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! Well I'll be the exhausted woman having just driven 5 hours to get here having a breakdown around the corner from you! Just in hotel (with wifi!) now waiting for lou to get here and help me unpack the car. see you soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, count yourself lucky!
    I saw a girl the other week whose hair had literally snapped off through the exact same thing( don't think she was perusing ravelry though)!The only thing was she'd kept all the long hair that hadn't been affected so she a 1 inch crop all over the top then shoulder length brown hair.She looked bizarre.She came in our village shop and brought it up, loudly, with the girl behind the counter that she knew so I felt it ok to stare.Don't go on Ravelry again when dyeing hair!

    ReplyDelete