Monday 15 November 2004

Sanity rules again.

Ahem! Had a lovely weekend, just walking through the most beautiful welsh country side and walking on the beach. Actually on sat we went for a 5 hour walk! It made up for not going running this weekend. We stayed in a beautiful B&B called the Tallismand, very close to the beach, they also have a pottery business there, and all the crockery is hand made, needless to say we came home with a teapot, some mugs, a milk jug, and something else which I can't disclose because it is a Christmas present.



We got home about 2.30, and I was in the mood for some dyeing. So I got out my pot's and pans and spread news paper every where here is some of the results so far:



This is some of the raw wendsleydale fleece dyed, I did scour it a little first. I have no idea what to do with this.


Purple_wendlseydale_fllece



Secondly this is about 75 grams of silk. I am dying to card this.


Silks



This about 400grams of wendsleydale (red pink and green) and some super wash merino (orange) I intend to make a self striping yarn from these.


Dyed_rovings



And finally: Dyed and carded soya silk; again I have no idea what to do with this yet.



Dyed_and_carded_soya_silk



No comments:

Post a Comment