Monday 1 November 2004

shawl is finished!

I completed my shawl! Although I forgot my camera, so you'll have to wait till tomorrow for pictures. The shawl has now been submitted to the Cardiff Knitting and Stitching show, Yeah!!!! Mum was so delighted, she said, "oh darling it's the start of a new career for you", what??!! My mother is so funny, she says she should have never let me do a psychology degree, she should have insisted on textiles!



I have swatched up my colintette, and am rather confused about it. The point 5 looks fabulous but the other two yarns don't work so well so I need to reswatch and have another go. I would really like to make a poncho, but actually I think a wrap would be quite good fun, I am getting a bit fond of around the shoulder wraps, it allows you to experiment with combinations of textures without having to worry about shaping as well, although I think I may try and make a jumper made from fabric from the water wrap, but I need to work out how to unreal the rayon without it tangling into a mess.



A friend is coming for a knitting lesson this afternoon at lunchtime, so we'll see how she goes.



The kid mohair is the same guage as the rowan stuff and is quite strong but I can't seem to knit it on metal needles, I am going to have to get some bamboo circulars for Karis, anyone else had this problem?



And Finally last week I ordered 4 pattern books for Noro, and I had been raving about them to Anth for ages and he didn't seem interested, however, when he saw the mens patterns he went mad, he loves them, so I told him I would treat him to the noro for which ever jumper he wants to knit.... I have to encourage him somehow. He he ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment