Wednesday 9 July 2008

Shop update - needed I think!

The shop is a little empty, so I will have a big update this weekend probably sunday, but I will let you know in the week,  mainly because its raining, as usual, (if it stops raining it could be friday) and I have alot of wholesale to do, but, there will be Scrumptious lace, Scrumptious dk, and yep, Self striping sock all the way, and a new hat pattern for the scrumptios dk, to keep your hair dry in this lovely rainy weather!!



The pattern book I am doing in conjunction with K1 for the scrumptious is coming along nicely, just having a few garment patterns checked and knitted before the photoshoot, I am so excited about this, I really am, the booklet will be due out end of august ready in time for Allypally, where I accidently have a huge stand, well its not accidently, but it is massive, its for fyberspates and Du Store as well, so its pretty exciting.



I need a stay sane plan.
I also decided seeing as all I do is work work work and get too excited all the time, then I need to implement an hour or so into my day which is dedicated to me, not knitting, not designing, not on the computer, not dyeing, just me time. I was thinking today, that before I even think about having children I need to get to the stage where I can employ at least two people, there is no way this business could be run and developed if I wasn't single and devoted, (*added later* a man probably would be helpful too to the children thing) but you know, it can get a little imbalanced at times in favor of work. So I decided I am going to put a few little strategies into place, one, I am going on a diet, NO not a calorie restricted diet, a wheat free one for a little while, I am just over 10 stone, the last time I was 10 stone was when I got married, thats not good for me, I can't afford  to buy new clothes (not ethical ones anyway), (I have lots of nice ones in my wordrobe though), so damned if I can't fit into my old ones, I'll be dyeing naked, thats not a good look is it?



This means I have to eat lots of fruit and vegetables, stir fries, meat, tofu, all good things, and drink lots and lots of water. I am going to chant at least 1/2 an hour a day, I need it to keep me from getting completely overwhelmed, and I need to do some excercise, so I start sleeping properly. So I am going to run at least half an hour a day. I started running last week, and will resume that today, I started my wheat free diet yesterday, and my tummy feels so much better today than it has for ages, and I am just going to chant for half an hour now, so I can be the most productive business woman ever today, lol.



So after my chanting and nettle tea, rain macs on, and paint brushes raised gulp!!!!!



xxx



4 comments:

  1. Good luck! This seems like a very good plan. I am implementing a similar healthy person plan as I gear up to start writing up my PhD. I am expecting it to be rather a long haul so I need to take a long term approach. No way I cram this in at the last minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, please - no more self-striping sock yarn templation!!!!
    Seriously though, I have been on a diet for 2 weeks now. Not a weight loss diet, just a no sugar, no crisps etc no hydrogenated fats diet and I feel sooooo much better already.
    I hope your diet helps you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to join you on this 'wheat free' diet. I have known for a while that it would be much better for me, I love bread, I love it a little too much sadly :( So, thanks to your post I am prompted to take myself seriously and to improve my health and well being.
    THank you, and keep posting I will need all the encouragement I can get :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen you sound like your EXACTLY the same weight as me and I know its not a good weight for my height, I want to get married this year (I WILL get married this year dammit LOL I have ten years of service I deserve it LOL) PLEASSSEEEEE if you have any tips please share *begs a little more*

    ReplyDelete