Blogs are great for portraying a perfect life, and sometimes I read through the lovely blogs and think, OH how lovely and how cute, it sounds idyllic. And then I laugh, and think about all the bits people chop out to make it sound nice, don't get me wrong, I love reading them, but as I was about to embark on a tale of cutsiness, I thought I would write a reality one, I had a really great weekend, it was relaxing, and I got lots done and spent it with my two favourite people, but there was no cutsy crap, so here is a comedy/real itinerary of my weekend:
- It started with a few gin and tonics, a good start I always think!
- Rewinding skeins with a serious hang over in my pj's and attempting to update the shop, but gave up.
- Driving to mom and pops and taking my extended family and eating seriously good food and not drinking hardly any alcohol because it made me queasy.
- Did a dye workshop at Get knitted, we had tonnes of fun and there was no gin insight.
- Celebrating the success of the workshop with Japanese food and wine, wrote blog about ethics whilst drunk, rewrote blog when a little bit more sober and toned it down. (I always recommend checking my blog on a Saturday night between 11 - 12, there is often lots of uncensored stuff on there, lol!)
- Sunday morning: Easter eggs and alkaseltzer
- Did some more winding, and cooked vegetarian easter dinner with small amount of alcohol, think my liver was starting to give up by then.
- Did VAT return and more winding and dyeing. No alcohol, honest VAT man.
- Went to cafe and had nice glass of wine and dinner.
The end, oh did I mention I am giving up alcohol? No I am actually, I drink to much, and I am concerned about my wrinkles now I am 30.
Onto serious stuff. Carmella and I have come up with an action plan for the business. She is employed in a minimal capacity, where she kind of helps out in emergency, but I need to streamline the business, and focus on what I am good at doing and thats designng and dyeing. I love doing my VAT Returns every 3 months, because I get an idea of how well the business is doing, its growing steadily, and that is good and exciting, and there is room to expand but I need to do it without kiling myself. So carmella will be trained in posting out orders, and helping me out with all of those things which take me away from dyeing etc, and seeing as I have 2 big business trips this year, where in effect I will be away for 5 weeks, I need to keep sales up, and customers happy. Believe it or not, but next week on wednesday I go to Germany for 3 days on business, then the day after I go to Peru for 10 days!!!! Gees, that came so quickly. Then I have a 4 weeks at home and then I am off to the US on another trip, but I can't tell you about that one yet, its kind of big ;-). So to cope with the expansion, I suppose really I am getting my first real employee, lol, its very exciting, so if you get emails signed by Carmella, say hello!